Sign in to follow this  
Groot

Groot's Game Master Application

Name:   <snip>
Time-zone/ Location:  I am currently in Texas, Central Standard Time.
Main Character Name: Reaper
Discord: Preston#8708

Questionnaire 

Why do you want to become a part of the team?
Answer: 

The reason why I want to be apart of the team is because of many reasons. I really appreciate what you guys are doing and how much you guys are trying to make something more about Fun, and ease, rather than Money. I Have been a GM for many servers, and they're just all about money. "What's something we can do to boost sales" etc. But this server is different in a good way, and I personally would love to be apart of anything that's different from the normal.

What have you done to contribute to the server?
Answer: 

For the amount of time that I have been on here, I have bragged about the server to multiple people and have brought 3 people so far to the server. As far as in-game, I've tried my best to not only learn as much as I could about the server, but also try and spread my knowledge of WoW to as many people as I can that requested help!

If your friends could describe you in one word, what would it be?
Answer: 

This depends on who you ask, but the majority would say one of three things, Dedicated, Positive, Passionate.

Are you experienced with the position you’re applying for?
Answer:

I personally would say I am very experienced in this position. I have been a GM for many, many, many big servers. For example, Heroes WoW, WoWFreakz, South Seas, Nazmir, Havoc-WoW, and long list of other servers. I 

How many hours a week are you available?
Answer: 

I am available every day after 3pm CST until 10pm CST, that's Monday - Friday. Saturday I will more than likely be on all day, and Sunday I would be on the first half of the day, and then I go to my family dinner.

What Server Times fit best for your activity?
Answer:

Around 9 server time is when I get on.

If you were the server’s owner for 1 day, what would you change?
Answer:

I personally would change the Mall layout as well as location. I think that the current Mall location is very unoriginal as a lot of servers use Shattrath City. I personally would move it to a spot where the mall was created from scratch. Maybe create a mall out of game objects in the middle of the ocean or something, and have that be the mall! Something people don't see very often.

Who is the owner of Cruel WoW?
Answer:

OMGhixD is the Director of Cruel Wow, Gamer is the Co-Director, and Storm is the Head GM.

Ticket Responses

"Hello, thank you for reviewing my ticket, I understand you’re busy so I’ll try to keep this short! I've been here for almost an hour now trying to troubleshoot my way past this quest but there is just simply nothing that I can do about this! Can you please help me complete my quest? Thank you! :)”
RESPONSE:

Hello there, (Name)! I am Game Master Groot, and I am here to help you with the ticket you made (Rough time estimate) minutes ago! Do you have some free time? :)
(yes i do)
Great! So to my understanding, you are having a problem with a Quest, is this correct?
(yes)
Can you please give me the name of the quest, and is this quest apart of a chain of quests, or is it a standalone quest?
(answer)
Great! Have you reported this quest onto the Forums?

(no)
While I look into what is going on with this quest, can you please fill out a Forum post explaining your problems with this quest?
(yes)
I appreciate that so very much! Let me know when you finish the Forum post.
(ok done)
Alright well I have checked the quest "?" and I have found out the problem is "?" I will confirm that your forum post is 100% correct and the Developers will fix it as fast as possible! is there anything else that you need help with today?
(no)

Have an amazing day, if you have anymore problems please fill out another ticket! Enjoy the rest of your stay here!
*Close the ticket*

"hjllo am missed donating ponts. am sure not yu kan halp me but I donate day agos via paypal. Can help?
RESPONSE:

Hello there, (Name)! I am Game Master Groot, and I am here to help you with the ticket you made (Rough time estimate) minutes ago! Do you have some free time? :)
(yes i do)
Great! So to my understanding of your ticket, you are missing some Donation points?
(yes)

So I can not give you any Donation points without proof of purchase, so for safe and secure help, please email "[email protected]" with the receipt that you received in the email that is connected to your pay-pal!

(ok)
I hope this helped, is there anything else that you would like help with today?

(no) 
Have an amazing day, if you have anymore problems please fill out another ticket! Enjoy the rest of your stay here!

*Close the ticket*

"GOLD HACKER! Player named “Asjiesjpqs” just traded me 10,000 gold! No interaction, was just traded. I didn’t accept the trade, you can check!"
RESPONSE:

(yes i do)
Great! So from what I have read, you came across what you think is a Gold Hacker?
(yes)

Alright, are you positive that this is the username of the player that attempted to trade you the 10,000 gold?

(yes)

I appreciate you reporting this player, I will keep an eye on them as well as report the name to other Game Masters! 

(you're welcome)

Do you have anything else that you need help with today?

(no) 

*Close the ticket*

Scenarios

Scenario 1
A player is triggering our Anti-Cheat system. 
[AC] [Thehackmasta] Possible Cheater!
After you .appear Thehackmasta you notice that his character is blatantly using cheats. 

Speed cheat

Teleport cheat 

Fly cheat

Haste/Instant cast cheat. 

What do you do?
Answer:

Very easy scenario, I would make sure I'm not visible, teleport to the player, screenshot or record them in the act, I would then freeze them to make sure I have the correct name of the player, and then ban them. After the ban, I would report the ban to someone of higher power than me to then decide if it is worthy of an IP ban, and or permanent ban.

(Of course this can change depending on the permissions given to the level of GM that I am at the time this incident happens.)

Scenario #2
Players in world chat are misbehaving in a very volatile, vile manner.

There are a few instigators:
Player: Toxin
Player: Atroll
Player: Chaosic

They are being disrespectful, and breaking the rules of world chat. 

What do you do?
Answer:

1. Give them each a warning in World chat.

2. Whisper them with the second warning, saying if it happens again, they will receive a 15 minute mute.

3. After the 15 minute mute, if they continue, they will receive a 30 minute mute, and then 60 if continued.

4. If for what ever reason they continue even after the 1 hour mute, they will receive a One day ban.

5. Anything after the one day ban will be reported to someone who is a higher power.

(Of course this can change depending on the permissions given to the level of GM that I am at the time this incident happens.)

Scenario #3
Atroll, and Chaosic have stopped. But after what you did for Scenario #2, Toxin continues his behaviour. Taking no heed to your authority, he continues to wreak havoc in world chat. Swearing, discriminating, etc.

What do you do?
Answer:

The same as Scenario #2

1. Whisper him/her with the second warning, saying if it happens again, he/she will receive a 15 minute mute.

2. After the 15 minute mute, if he/she continues, he/she will receive a 30 minute mute, and then 60 if continued.

3. If for what ever reason he/she continues even after the 1 hour mute, he/she will receive a One day ban.

4. Anything after the one day ban, will be reported to someone who is a higher power.

Scenario #4

You notice that your fellow GM Shimslady has been secretly adding items to his player account without permission.

What do you do?

Answer:

This one will extremely vary on the commands I have at the given time of the incident. But I would try and get evidence if I can, but I can not, I would report suspicion to someone of a higher power. I would then continue to watch for anything that could happen that can give evidence to the problem at hand.

I appreciate you taking the time and reading this lengthy application. If there is anywhere I could improve on, PLEASE call me out and let me know! I appreciate the feedback always! Have an amazing day!

Greetings @Groot,
Thank you for applying.

You do meet our requirements for a GM position but unfortunately we're not looking for new GMs at the moment.
We'll contact you in the future when and if we're in need of a new GM.

Application 
DECLINED (Will be considered in the future when we're in need of new staff members)