Sign in to follow this  
Ensar

New Currency & Gear & gameplay system

Greetings guys, Dex here.

I was thinking past few days about the currency system rework we need. And I firmly believe we do need it, because I don't see a point grinding endless Bg's, Arenas and World Bosses as such, without a good rewarding system. Current rewarding system is, quite honestly, a bit bad. A rework would also attract & keep bigger player base on our server and allow the population to flourish, imo.

First thing we need is a gear rework. What I think by this is that we need to ditch Wrathful gear and go back to Relentless - thus making Wrathfuls harder to obtain. You should implement a certain currency that is farmed through either Arenas or Bg's, or both, that is needed to buy Wrathful gear. Also putting a certain MMR requirement would allow 1v1 and 2v2 arenas to finally start attracting people, as well as Bgs.

Besides this, secondly, I firmly believe you should remove BiS PvE gear. Removing Heroic items only, such as 284 trinkets, T10 PvE Heroic sets etc., and make additional currency for those as well. Now, just as Wrathful's are farmed through PvP system, this gear should be farmed by doing dungeons & raids. It's all up to you on how to implement this system. I just don't think it makes any sense giving out all the free BiS gear and then wondering why are daily quest zones empty, etc. So basically, only remove Heroic end game PvE items, and force people to put in effort to get those.

And finally, you guys seriously need to check Physical damage and how resilience impacts it. Especially Warriors and Rogues who hit like trucks. Not saying everything is perfect, but seriously, server is full of Warriors and Rogues, and they hit way too much. I'm 1,3k Resilience Lock with Soul Link and around 5,5k armor, and I regularly take shitloads of hits that are way over 5,5 and 6 thousand. Take a look into their Physical damage output please.

What you say here besides resilience part, was actually in game right before they gave us all items for free.

20 hours ago, Faetal said:

What you say here besides resilience part, was actually in game right before they gave us all items for free.

He's correct. Those were in place however, after some time the most common complaint we got was population. Since we've changed to the free system, our population has risen to 50+ peak times where we were peaking at 20+ before.

We've tossed around the idea of a gear rework since however, that would require wiping and that is something we want to avoid but that's the only solution we're coming to at this time so it's not something that is happening unless we receive a huge influx of player feedback that they would like a gear rework but it's not as simple as it sounds right now unfortunately.